Protecting Against a Contagious Virus
Cleaning of home, offices is the first step of protecting you, your family, love ones, friends and an entire community from any kind of sicknesses as well as against contagious viruses; Cleaning is considered the process of removing germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. Cleaning does not kill germs or bacteria, but by removing them lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection. Disinfecting is the process of using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
But before taking such action, you may first need to understand the virus. Now with the World being faced by a virus, which is known as the Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19; what is this novel coronavirus? this novel coronavirus is a new coronavirus that has not been previously identified and is not the same as the coronaviruses that commonly circulate among humans and cause mild illness, like the common cold. The novel Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus.
The disease causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty breathing. You can protect yourself by washing your hands frequently, avoiding touching your face, and avoiding close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell.
HOW IT SPREADS
Coronavirus disease spreads primarily through contact with an infected person when they cough or sneeze. It also spreads when a person touches a surface or object that has the virus on it, then touches their eyes, nose, or mouth. The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, and these droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
New studies also suggest that the novel coronavirus COVID-19 can remain in the air for up to three hours, and live on surfaces such as plastic and stainless steel for up to three days. For more information about this virus, please visit the CDC or the WHO website.
HOW CAN WE PROTECT OURSELVES?
You firstly have to believe that the novel coronavirus COVID-19 is real.
1. Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
2. Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. Distance between you and other people is especially important for people who are at a higher risk of getting very sick.
3. Stay away from social gathering of any kind
Be as it may, the cleaning tips or suggestions provided here can be used to clean various virus-infected area. Sure, you may have heard, “cleanliness is next to godliness,” a phrase first recorded during a sermon in 1778 by John Wesley. If we follow this, we wouldn’t have a problem with our environment is killing us. Our community members can practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (for example tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks) with household cleaners and EPA-registered disinfectants that are appropriate for the surface, following label instructions. Labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning product, including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have proper ventilation during the use of the product. Following the above-mentioned suggestions could help in protecting against a contagious virus.